Ring Around the Phonics is a proven learning system for parents and teachers that teaches phonics, reading, vocabulary, spelling, foreign languages and more.
If you need to teach your child to read or if you are looking for fun “hands on” teaching strategies for reading and phonics, Ring Around the Phonics is for you. Ring Around the Phonics is endorsed by teachers, college professors, tutors, and parents, and can help you with:
- Phonics, Reading and Blending of Sounds
- Comprehension, Communication and Listening Skills
- Spelling and Vocabulary
- Foreign Languages
- Adjust to Time Schedules
- Getting Boys to Communicate with You
- Older Children with Trouble Reading
We have Ring Around the Phonics customers all over the US and some in other parts of the world. Our hometown is Jacksonville, FL and we teach phonics and reading workshops throughout the state of Florida, in Gainesville, Jacksonville, Orlando, Osceola, Tampa and more.
Learning Disguised As A Game endorsed by Nile Stanley, PhD (Reading Professor at The University Of North Florida)
If the conventional method is not working for your children, there is an answer: Ring Around The Phonics (Language Arts game/ Curriculum) teaches to the left and right brain. This method is known as ” Total Physical Response, and scientific studies show that with this method, children learn faster, retain more, and retain their love of learning. Dr Amen’s brain research shows that whole brain learning actually improves the health of the brain.
The Conventional Method Verses Whole Brain Teaching
An increasing number of children do not learn using the “Conventional Method” (workbooks, flashcards and lectures). There is a scientific reason for this. This method delivers in serial order through verbal media either in print or speech. Thus the Conventional Method unintentionally shuts down the right side of the brain.
Whole Brain Teaching
Movement of our body makes information flow from the left brain to right and back again at lightning velocity. Teaching to the whole brain has been found to be far more effective than the conventional method. Studies show that with whole brain teaching, children learn faster, retain more, drop out rates decrease by 90%, stress (a major cause of learning disabilities) is reduced, and the health of the brain improves.
1. Nile Stanley, Ph.D. reading professor, University of North Florida recommends Ring Around The Phonics For The Classroom. He writes: “Ideal for classroom, clinic or home, the Ring Around the Phonics game (Ages 4 and up; for 1 to 4 players Note: by adding 4 more game pieces, 8 children can be taught at one time) engages children joyfully in confident learning and produces instant growth in phonics, comprehension, reading, listening and speaking. Start down the magical road to reading success with this adorable, easy to learn, board game which includes 336 static cling letters, fun activity cards, phonics books and motivating certificates. I loved the adaptability of the game for educators to be able to be an instructional decision maker, and address his/her own program’s standards for spelling, writing, language, and more.”
“A question from teachers and administrators often arises when considering the purchase of an instructional game for their school. – They often ask, “Can we purchase the Ring Around the Phonics game for our school if it is not on the state-adopted list? “Yes! According to Florida Statute 1006.(4)(B) up to 50 percent of the annual allocation may be used for the purchase of instructional materials, including library and reference books and non print materials, not included on the state-adopted list”.
To read more of his review click here (PDF format)
- In this video, see Dr. Nile Stanley’s workshop at the University of North Florida: “Teaching Reading Through Play: A Vygotskian Prospective”.
- Finland now ranks number one in education using play as a major part of their education.
- Karen, a professional tutor, recommends Ring Around the Phonics. In fact, she told us this game/ curriculum helped her land her tutoring job where she helps children with learning disabilities.. See what Karen says in video format by clicking here.
- See more information and research by Dr. Amen about children with ADD, ADHD, Asperger and other learning disabilities using whole brain teaching: .
- Jennifer, a home educator, also recommends this game. See her speaking in this video.
- An early childhood educator recommends Ring Around The Phonics, in this video.
Video: Early Childhood Educator About Ring Around The Phonics
Children learn faster, retain more, stress is reduced and dropout rates decrease by 90% when children are physically engaged…whole brain teaching.
Manufactured in the U.S.A.